Links for Parents
We hope you will find the following documents and web links useful.
Please note, although we recommend the links below we cannot be held responsible for the content of these external websites.
Ofsted Final Report 2016
Year 1 Phonics Screening Check
Download the Phonic Screening App from the App store to help your child with their Phonics
Bug Club Guided Reading
How you can help with English at home
We really appreciate your support from home, as it has a significant impact on your child's progress.
To support your child at home you can:
- Help them to practise their weekly spellings.
- Visit the school library together to choose books that they enjoy and read the book together.
- Listen to your child read their home reading books and ask questions about what they have read.
- Practise talking through the story maps that we send home.
- Log onto Bug Club and read the allocated books - don't forget to complete the quiz too!
- Encourage every opportunity to write for example writing signs, shopping lists, book reviews etc.