Yellow 2 Class
WELCOME TO YELLOW 2
Our Teacher is Mrs Aldred and our T.A is Miss Ferguson.
Remember to always reach for the stars.
See the Gallery Section for photographs. This section shows all the fun that Year 1 have been having this Year.
- PE for Yellow classes is on a Monday and Tuesday this term so please make sure your child has a PE kit in school and remove earrings on the morning before. It is important that your child also brings pumps to School too!
- Our reading folders should come to school every day. Home reading books are changed on a Tuesday. We also change our library books on a Wednesday/ Thursday.
- Spellings are given out in groups with spelling patterns, 'green' words related to the sounds your child is learning that week as well as ‘red’ words, which are words they need to learn as they cannot be decoded. Spelling books will usually be given out on a Friday and spellings are tested on a Thursday. Please help your child learn these every week. If you have forgotten your spellings then click the 'SPELLING LINK' below. This contains each groups weekly spellings for the term.
- Maths homework is given out in groups and is based on what your child is learning in school. This needs to be returned by the date set by the Group teacher usually by a Thursday. Any problems with homework please come and ask your child’s class or group teacher where possible.
- Extra homework tasks for topic will be updated and sent out to you to do at home together! Please complete these as they go into the children's fantastic topic books.
- School dinners are now free for everybody so try them, they are yummy!
- Library is on a Wednesday so we need to have our library books in our library bags on this day.
Useful websites for you to use through out the year: Your child's passwords can be found at the front of their reading diaries!
www. bugclub. co.uk
Read your own exciting Bug Club books to receive Bug Club points! Show your family how good you are at reading and aswering questions!
Maths WhizzCan you beat your friends on the Maths Whizz leader board? Can you win the weekly certificate for the most usage? You may even recieve a sticker from the proffessor! Remember the more you practise on Maths Whizz the better your maths skills will be!
Our current topic this term is...