Yellow 2 Class
Welcome to Yellow 2
Our Teacher is Miss Birch supported by Mrs Patel.
In Year 1 we look at lots of very exciting topics, to help us to become experts in different subjects. Our topics include; Teddy and Me, Lets Celebrate, Wild Things, Green Fingers, Pirates Ahoy, Once Upon a time.
On a morning we go into our Fred groups to learn our sounds, read collection of wonderful books and show our imaginations to complete our Rocking Writing. After play we go into our Magical Maths groups to complete number, shape and problem solving activites.
In the afternoon we join back with our Yellow 2 friends to complete our topic work and develop our social skills through a range of activities.
The learning doesn't stop there! we practise our neat handwriting, big maths and we share information and stories from our Author Box.
Our Author this term.....
- She was born in New Zealand in 1941.
- She is best known for her 'Hairy Maclary' books.
- Lynley likes to write stories that rhyme.
- PE days are on a Tuesday and a Friday.Please make sure your child has their kit in school and that earrings are removed in the morning.
- Library books are changed on a Monday
- Home reading books are changed on a Wednesday
- Maths homework to be completed and handed in by Thursday and new homework will be given on a Friday. Please complete the homework feedback sheet as these are very helpful. Any problems with homework please come and ask your child’s class or group teacher where possible.
- Extra home challenges for topic will be updated and sent out to you to do at home together!
- Spelling test take place on a Thursday and new spellings will be given on a Friday
- Dinner money for the week should be paid for on a Monday morning