Blue 1 Class
Welcome to Blue 1!
Our teacher is Mrs Garrad...
We love to share all our exciting class news, photos and what we have been learning in our topics on this page!
In Year 2 we are very busy in our last year at our school!
In the morning we go to Maths groups practising our number skills and learning about shape, measures, handling data and taking part in investigations!
Then we go to Literacy groups and practise our reading and writing skills.
In the afternoon Blue 1 get together and our teacher plans a creative curriculum, so that we can learn about different subject areas through our exciting topics!
Before we go home, we have sessions of big maths, handwriting and spend time in our story area sharing books from our special author box.
Check out the links at the bottom for games, information and activities to link with what we are learning in Literacy, Maths and Topic.
Keep checking to see when we update our page with what we have been up to at school!
We have a special story time every day!
We share books by the same author, find out more about the author by researching, bring in things from home and talk lots about the stories we are reading. We love to share stories with our teacher and friends at school in our special story area.
Our author this term is....
Fascinating facts about this author...
-Roald Dahl was born in Wales on September 13th, 1916.
-He based the characater of the Grandmother in THE WITCHES on his mother.
- His first book was THE GREMLINS in 1943 and was adapted from a disney script.
- His work has been translated into 34 languages.
Check out the Roald Dahl website.
Any information that you can find out or books you have at home by this author please bring in to share at school!
· Our reading folders should come to school every day but especially on reading day which is on a Tuesday.
· Spellings are given out in groups related to the sounds your child is learning that week as well as ‘red’ words which are words they need to learn as they cannot be decoded. Spelling books will usually be given out on a Friday and spellings tested on a Thursday. Please help your child learn these every week.
· Maths homework is given out in groups and is based on what your child is learning in school. This needs to be returned by the date set by the Group teacher. Any problems with homework please come and ask your child’s class or group teacher where possible.
· Extra homework tasks for topic will be updated and sent out to you to do at home together!
· PE days for Year 2 are on a Monday and Wednesday. Please make sure your child has their kit in school and that earrings are removed or covered in the morning.