Blue 3 Class
Welcome to Blue 3!
We love to share our exciting news, photos and topics on our class page!
- PE for Blue classes is on a Monday and Thursday this term so please make sure your child has a PE kit in school and remove or cover earrings on the morning before.
- Our reading folders should come to school every day. Home reading books are changed on a Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Spellings are given out in groups with spelling patterns, 'green' words related to the sounds your child is learning that week as well as ‘red’ words, which are words they need to learn as they cannot be decoded. Spelling books will usually be given out on a Friday and spellings are tested on aThursday. Please help your child learn these every week.
- Maths homework is given out in groups and is based on what your child is learning in school. This needs to be returned by the date set by the Group teacher usually on a Thursday. Any problems with homework please come and ask your child’s class or group teacher where possible.
- Extra homework tasks for topic will be updated and sent out to you to do at home together!
- School dinners are now free for everybody so try them, they are yummy!
- Library is on a Friday so we need to have our library books in our library bags on this day.
Well done Blue 3 on winning the attendance award for 6 weeks!
As our reward, the children chose...
A Class Pet... so introducing Blue 3's very own hamster
We will be looking after him and hoping he settles into his new home!!
Our current topic this half term is...
A Wonderful World
We will be learning about different countries, including locating the 7 continents and 5 oceans of the world.
On our journey around the world, we will be focusing on the UK, France, Australia and Africa.
Click on the picture to watch an interactive story about Barnaby Bear visiting Paris, France.
We will also be learning about different animals and how they are adapted to different habitats around the world.
Check out photos of the activites we have been doing this year on our Gallery page...
including the Inspire workshops, Discovery Day and our trips to Drayton Manor and the Think Tank!