Blue 3 Class
Welcome to Blue 3!
Our teacher is Mrs Walker...
We love to share all our exciting class news, photos and what we have been learning in our topics on this page!
In Year 2 we are very busy in our last year at our school!
In the morning we go to Maths groups practising our number skills and learn about shape, measures, handling data and take part in investigations!
Then we go to Literacy groups and practise our reading and writing skills.
In the afternoon Blue 3 get back together and our teacher plans a creative curriculum, so that we can learn about different subject areas through our exciting topics starting with Health Heroes!
Before we go home, we have sessions of big maths, handwriting and spend time in our story area sharing books from our special author box.
Check out the links at the bottom for games, information and activities to link with what we are learning in Literacy, Maths and Topic.
Keep checking to see when we update our page with what we have been up to at school!
We have a special story time every day!
We share books by the same author, find out more about the author by researching, bring in things from home and talk lots about the stories we are reading. We love to share stories with our teacher and friends at school in our special story area.
Our author this term is....
Fascinating facts about this author...
Roald was born in Wales on September 13th 1916.
He based the character of the grandmother in "The Witches" on his own mother.
He was in the Royal Air Force.
He wrote his many stories in a small hut in his garden!
He used a pencil to write all his stories!
James and the Giant Peach was his first story, published in 1967.
Have you read any of his books? Which is your favourite?
Find out more about Roald Dahl on his website by clicking on the picture!
Have you seen any of his books that have been made into films?
Any information that you can find out or books you have at home by this author please bring in to share at school!
- Our reading folders should come to school every day. Home reading books are changed on a Tuesday.
- Spellings are given out in groups related to the sounds your child is learning that week as well as ‘red’ words, which are words they need to learn as they cannot be decoded. Spelling books will usually be given out on a Friday and spellings are tested on aThursday. Please help your child learn these every week.
- Maths homework is given out in groups and is based on what your child is learning in school. This needs to be returned by the date set by the Group teacher usually on aThursday. Any problems with homework please come and ask your child’s class or group teacher where possible.
- Extra homework tasks for topic will be updated and sent out to you to do at home together!
- PE days for Year 2 are on a Wednesday and Friday. Please make sure your child has their kit in school and that earrings are removed or covered in the morning.
- Dinner money for the week should be paid for on a Monday morning.
- Library is on a Friday so we need to have our library books in our library bags on this day.
Thank you for visiting our class page, we hope we will see you again soon!