Red 2 Class
Welcome to Red 2!
Our teacher is Miss Fellows and our teaching assistant is Mrs Smith.
Our day in Reds...
In the morning we have 25 minute maths where we use lots of energy as we sing and dance to learn about numbers, pattern, shape and measures.
We then spend some time working with our teachers who plan exciting activities that allow us to explore all areas of the curriculum.When we are not busy with them we are using our brains and voices as we interact with exciting and stimulating activities that are provided in our three classrooms. During this time we can choose to go into the ‘special room’ where lots of creative and messy activities are on offer, or outside where we take part in activities on a larger scale.
We then go to our Fred groups where we like to show Fred the frog how clever we are with our letters!!
In between all of this we have our break and lunch times where we love to play games with the adults and children around us.
Finally Red Two come together to share a story from our special author box.
- PE day for Reception is on a Wednesday. Please make sure that your child has their kit in school and that earrings are removed or covered in the morning. It would also help your child greatly if they wore t-shirts and socks rather than shirts and tights.
- Dinner money for the week should be paid for on a Monday morning.
- Library books are changed on a Wednesday. Please make sure your child has their library book in their library bag on this day.
- Every child needs a reading folder every day – remember to check these each evening as we often send important letters home in them!
- If your child has brought home a Reading Diary please make a comment.
We have a special story time every day!
We share books by the same author, find out more about the author by researching, bring in things from home and talk lots about the stories we are reading. We love to share stories with our teacher and friends at school in our special story area.
Our author this term is;
A fascinating fact about our author....
Ian writes lots of funny books about dinosuars.
He is a very popular author, writing over 100 books!