Red 2 Class
We are Red 2
Our teacher is Miss Heritage!
She is joined by the magnificent Miss Bevin!
Here are some important notes for our adults to remember!
- Our PE day is a Wednesday afternoon. Please make sure you send your child to school in clothes they are going to find easier to get on and off (i.e. no buttons, tights, and lace up shoes). ALL uniform and PE clothes need to be named alongside all jumpers, cardigans, coats and jackets that your child may wear for school. It is also a good idea to name their shoes – on PE day all 30 children get changed and unchanged together so without names on their items their clothing can get easily mixed up!
- As we are now practising for sports day, can you please send your child with sensible shoes in their PE bags and apply sun cream in the morning. Please note teachers cannot apply sun cream.
- Your child needs a reading folder which they must bring to school every day! Please check your child’s reading folder each evening as there may be homework, letters or notes from your child’s class teacher.
- Every child is entitled to a free school dinner – give them a try, they’re yummy!
- Library day is currently on a Tuesday, please ensure your child’s library bag is in school on this day as their books will be changed and sent home.
- Friday is book change day! If you have a reading book from your Fred groups, please remember to bring them inside your reading folder on a Friday!
This term our topic is;
Fairy tales and Fantasy!
Below are the stories will be looking at this term.....
We will be looking at characters in stories, the features of fairy tales and even creating our own stories!
In mathematics, we will be making our brains work super hard and begin solving problems involving addition, subtraction, money and time!
We will be looking at photos of us as babies and comparing them with ourselves now and identify changes that are still to happen!
In ICT, we will be learning skills such as video recording on the IPad's and we will have the opportunity to record our friends during our Child initiated play!
We will be practising for sports day by playing lots of team games which will help us get into the spirit for our sports day in July!
Why not have a look at this lovely website to find out more about room on the broom and encourage your child to talk about the text:
Get creative by making your own Gingerbread man:
Our author this term is:
. David Melling became a freelance illustrator in 1986 drawing for magazines and advertising agencies. In 1993 he illustrated his first book! His most famous book 'The tale of Jack Frost' was animated and made into a TV programme!We love reading his stories and seeing what wonderful adventures the characters get up to!
Why not take a trip to the Library and see if you can find anymore of his amazing stories?!!
Why not have a look at his website to find more information: