Red 3 Class
Welcome to Red 3!
Our teacher is Miss Eaton.
She is joined by the magnificent Mrs Woodhouse!
Welcome to Red 3. We are a kind and vibrant bunch of children who love to learn!
Here are some important notes for our adults to remember!
- Our PE day is a Wednesday afternoon. Please make sure you send your child to school in clothes they are going to find easier to get on and off (i.e. no buttons, tights, and lace up shoes). ALL uniform and PE clothes need to be named alongside all jumpers, cardigans, coats and jackets that your child may wear for school. It is also a good idea to name their shoes – on PE day all 30 children get changed and unchanged together so without names on their items their clothing can get easily mixed up!
- Your child needs a reading folder which they must bring to school every day! Please check your child’s reading folder each evening as there may be homework, letters or notes from your child’s class teacher.
- Every child is entitled to a free school dinner – give them a try, they’re yummy!
- Library day is currently on a Tuesday, please ensure your child’s library bag is in school on this day as their books will be changed and sent home.
- As we are now practising for Sports Day please send your child with comfortable trainers to wear in their P.E bag and apply sun cream in the morning. Please note teachers cannot apply sun cream.
This term our topic is;
Fairy tales and Fantasy!
We will be looking at stories that involve superheroes, wizards and fantasy characters as well as comparing these to more traditional fairy tale stories. Please have a look at our topic web below for more information!!
These stories will help us to compare basic genres, begin to write our own stories and delve a little deeper into a character from a book.
Take a look at these fun games to support your child with their learning:
Our author this term is:
Born 1962, London
Nick Sharratt is a British illustrator and author of children's books and was chosen to be the official illustrator for World Book Day 2006. For more information on Nick Sharratt please click on the link below:
Why not take a trip to the Library and see if you can find anymore of her amazing stories?!!