Yellow 1 Class
Welcome to Yellow 1.
Our Teacher is Miss Jackson and our TA is Miss Hewitt.
- PE for Yellow classes is on a Monday and Tuesday this term so please make sure your child has a PE kit in school and remove earrings on the morning before.
- Our reading folders should come to school every day. Home reading books are changed on a Tuesday.
- Spellings are given out in groups with spelling patterns, 'green' words related to the sounds your child is learning that week as well as ‘red’ words, which are words they need to learn as they cannot be decoded. Spelling books will usually be given out on a Friday and spellings are tested on a Thursday. Please help your child learn these every week.
- Maths homework is given out in groups and is based on what your child is learning in school. This needs to be returned by the date set by the Group teacher usually on a Thursday. Any problems with homework please come and ask your child’s class or group teacher where possible.
- Extra homework tasks for topic will be updated and sent out to you to do at home together! Please complete these as they go into the children's fantastic topic books.
- School dinners are now free for everybody so try them, they are yummy!
- Library is on a Thursday so we need to have our library books in our library bags on this day.
Our current topic this term is...
Once Upon a Time
This term we will be having A MAGICAL TIME!
We will be look at the features of a castle and discuss their purpose. In Design Technology we will make our own sturdy catapult by joining lollipop sticks and elastic bands.
In Science we will compare and group materials based on their physical properties. We will be given the opportunity to use magnets and investigate whether materials are magnetic or not.
In Computing we will be learning how to keep safe on-line. We will safely search for castle images on the Internet and we will learn to save our work in the shared area. we will use technology to communicate our ideas with our peers.
In History we will be looking at how technology has changed and developed over time. We will study this through the communication and presentation of fairy tales from role play to stories, video and DVD's.
Finally we will visit Tamworth Castle to find out what it was like to live there many years ago. We will write a recount about the exciting day we have had!