Yellow 2 Class
Welcome to Yellow 2!
Our teacher is Miss Eaton and our fantastic teaching assistants are Mrs Patel, Mrs Smith and Mrs Cooper.
We are very busy learning at school.
In the morning we go into our Fred groups to practise our reading and writing.
We then go into our Magical maths groups to learn about numbers, shape, measures, data handling and we do maths investigations!
Break and lunch times are also very important to us as they give us the chance to develop our social skills with our friends.
In the afternoon Yellow 2 come back together and our teacher plans a creative curriculum, so that we can learn about different subject areas through our exciting topic.
Our day doesn't end there, we then have short sessions of big maths, handwriting and we share books from our special author box.
Our author this term is...
- Anthony Browne was born in Sheffield, Yorkshire.
- Browne enjoyed lots of sports at school including: football, rygby and cricket. Which is your favourite sport or game you like to play?
- When he finished school he intended to be a painter.
- Gorillas are frequently featured in Browne's book as he said he was fascinated by them.
Check out the links at the bottom of the page for games, information and activities to link to what we are learning in our Fred groups, Magical maths groups and in our topic work.
Keep checking to see regular updates and reminders about what we have been busy doing at school.
- Our reading folders should come to school every day but especially on reading day which isMonday for all Yellow classes.
- Spellings are given in Fred groups and books will usually be given out on a Friday and spellings tested on a Thursday. Please help your child learn these every week.
- Maths homework is given out in groups and needs to be returned by the date set by the Group teacher. Please complete the homework feedback sheet as these are very helpful. Any problems with homework please come and ask your child’s class or group teacher where possible.
- Extra home challenges for topic will be updated and sent out to you to do at home together!
- PE days for Year 1 are on a Thursday and Friday. Please make sure your child has their kit in school and that earrings are removed in the morning.
- Dinner money for the week should be paid for on a Monday morning.
- Library is on a Wednesday so we need to have our library books in our library bags on this day.