Welcome to Yellows!
Miss Benton and Mrs Collins
Miss Eaton, Mrs Edwards, Miss. Cheema and Mrs. Humpherson
Miss Dangerfield and Miss Hewitt
- PE for Yellow classes are on a Monday so please make sure your child has a PE kit in school and remove earrings on the morning before.
- Our reading folders should come to school every day. Home reading books are changed on:
- Yellow 1 - Tuesday
- Yellow 2 - Wednesday
- Yellow 3 - Thursday.
- Spellings are given out in groups and these are given on a Friday, there will be a weekly spelling test every Thursday so please ensure your child has their spelling book in school.
- Homework activities are sent out at the start of each half term in a homework log. The logs will contain a list of suggested homework activities to complete over the half term. These will cover literacy, numeracy and topic areas.
- Children should be aiming to read as much as possible at home in a range of ways such as home readers, library books, bug club or sharing stories from your local library.
- Library books are changed on:
- Yellow 1 - Tuesday
- Yellow 2 - Wednesday
- Yellow 3 - Thursday
- (we need to have our library books in our library bags on this day).
Our new topic for Summer 2 is:
Once upon a time
In this topic we will be having lots of fun!
In Science we will be learning about what is growing in our gardens. We will observe and describe what we see in the garden, discussing the flowers and insects which live there too. We will discuss how things grow and study the parts of a flower and a tree.
In Design Technology we will be looking at sliders. We will learn about what a slider is, when they are used and how we can make one. After making our product we will test it and evaluate our findings thinking about what went well and what we would change next time.
In music we will be listening to a variety of different music and learning how to appraise them by discussing what we liked about the piece and what we did not like through using key musical vocabulary i.e. tempo, rhythm, pitch.
In P.E we will be practicing our skills ready for Sports day! (See dates on this page) This will include increasing control and co-ordination, self awareness and speed. We will develop agility and accuracy.
In computing we will be learning how to stay safe online and research how animations have changed over time.
We will continue our exciting Forest School sessions with our Forest Ranger Miss Jackson. We will be using woodland materials and practicing knots in order to make a dragon's tail! This will be a forest school inspire, please see separate letter from your child as they will be working in groups and you will be given a time allocation. Please leave young siblings at home.
The children's Forest School sessions are:
Yellow 1 - Tuesday 11th June 2019 - (Cancelled due to heavy rain).
New date: Tuesday 25th June 2019 - these will be morning sessions
Yellow 2 - Tuesday 18th June 2019 pm.
Yellow 3 - Tuesday 25th June 2019 pm.
We will continue 'Commando Jo's'. the children will be character explorers and understand RESPECT - Resilience, Empathy, Self awareness, Passion, Excellence, Communication and Teamwork.
Important dates for your diary:
Friday 28th June 2019 - Non-Uniform day - Please bring a donation for the summer fete.
Tuesday 2nd July 2019 - Sports day at the tiger field. Year 2: 9:30 am. Year 1: 10:30 am. Reception: 2:30 pm
Friday 5th July 2019 - Summer fete, Parents can collect children at 2:00 to visit the fete. Year 1 children will be released from Blue 2 exit which is next to their normal home time exit.
Monday 8th July 2019 - Reports will be handed out.
Tuesday 9th July 2019 - 3:30 - Drop in if you would like to discuss your child's report with either Miss. Benton, Miss. Eaton or Miss. Dangerfield. Your child's exercise books will also be available to take with you. *Note: Teachers will select some children's books to keep but we will discuss this with you if your child is selected. If your child's books are selected they will only be maintained for a year and sent home with your child in Blues. Many thanks.
Week commencing Monday 8th July 2019 - Library books will start being collected in. Home reading books will start being collected in. It will be the last session for Magical maths and Thursday 11th will complete early morning readers.
* Note: sports after school clubs will continue until the end of the term.
Tuesday 16th July 2019 - Drop in to meet your child's new teacher
Friday 19th July 2019 - Non Uniform day and toy day. Please ensure your child brings their toy in a named carrier bag. We advise not to bring any toys which are expensive or need batteries charging. Many thanks.
On behalf of our Year 1 team I would like to thank all the children for their hard work this year and many thanks for all your support, it means a lot to us and more importantly to the children. We wish you a happy, safe summer with lots of fun!