Welcome to Yellows!
Miss Ward, Miss Hewitt
Miss Eaton and Mrs Humpherson
Miss Heritage and Mrs Patel
Year 1 letters
Year 1 Parent Induction meeting
- PE for Yellow classes are on a Tuesday Please make sure your child comes to school in their PE kit. Ensure you remove earrings on the morning.
- Our reading folders should come to school every day. Home reading books are changed on a Monday for all children in Year 1.
- Spellings are given out in groups and these are given on a Friday, there will be a weekly spelling test every Thursday so please ensure your child has their spelling book in school.
- Homework activities are sent out at the start of each half term in a homework log. The logs will contain a list of suggested homework activities to complete over the half term. These will cover literacy, numeracy, science and topic areas.
- Children should be aiming to read as much as possible at home in a range of ways such as home readers, library books, bug club or sharing stories from your local library.
Library books are changed on:
- Yellow 1 - Tuesday
- Yellow 2 - Wednesday
- Yellow 3 - Thursday
(we need to have our library books in our library bags on this day).
This half term we will be having lots of fun!
In Science we will be learning about ourselves and pets. We will name parts of the body and identify the 5 senses. We will look at the changes our bodies made from when we were a baby to how we are now.
In History we will be exploring amazing inventors and inventions. We will be researching Heath Robinson. We will explore his inventions and create our own crazy invention explaining it's use and purpose.
In Geography we will be investigating amazing places in the UK and looking at extreme weather. We will be exploring our local community. We will be looking at maps of the local area, identifying key features and we will have a visitor to talk about the local area.
In Design Technology we will be looking at levers. We will learn about what a lever is, why levers are useful in everyday life. We will design, create and evaluate our own lever - a catapult.
In music we will be listening to hip hop and share our opinions on this style. We will use tuned and untuned instruments. We will learn to perform to each other.
In P.E we will be learning about our bodies and running. We will explore different techniques and how to apply basic principles of attack and defence in a game. We will also complete a warm up, core exercises and a cool down.
In computing we will be digital artists and use a range of digital art tools. We will chose and access paint programmes and learn how to edit an image.
Forest School sessions are on hold until Autumn 2. Further information to come.
'Commando Joes' - we will be character explorers and understand RESPECT - Resilience, Empathy, Self awareness, Passion, Excellence, Communication and Teamwork. Our focus will be good manners and learning the importance of being a good friend. We will learn how to self-regulate.
Important dates for your diary:
Week commencing 14th September 2020 - Parents evenings
Wednesday 23rd September 2020 - National fitness day
Wednesday 30th September 2020 - Walk in local area
Thursday 1st October 2020 - National poetry day
Friday 2nd October 2020 - Smile day
Friday 16th October 2020 - World food day
Friday 23rd October 2020 - Non Uniform day + pink accessory if wish for Wear it pink day