Welcome to Yellows!
Miss Dangerfield and Miss Barker
Miss Eaton and Miss Patel
Miss Hacking and Mrs Humpherson
Year 1 letters
Year 1 Parent Induction Meeting 2021.22
Curriculum Topic Webs 2021-22
- PE for Year one is on a Thursday Please make sure your child comes to school in their PE uniform. Ensure you remove earrings on the morning.
- Our reading folders should come to school every day. Home reading books are changed on a Monday for all children in Year 1.
- Spellings are given out on a Friday, there will be a weekly spelling quiz every Friday so please ensure your child has their spelling book in school.
- Homework activities are sent out at the start of each half term in a homework log. The logs will contain a list of suggested homework activities to complete over the half term. These will cover English, maths, science and extended curriculum areas. Please record evidence for all the activities in the homework log.
- Children should be aiming to read as much as possible at home in a range of ways such as home readers, library books, bug club or sharing stories from your local library.
Library books are changed on:
- Yellow 1 - Thursday
- Yellow 2 - Tuesday
- Yellow 3 - Wednesday
(this will be on a 2 week basis and children will need to have their library books in their book bags on their day).
This half term we will be having lots of fun!
In science we will be learning about plants. We will identify different types of plants and trees and discuss how they grow and how to take care of them. We will look at the parts of a flower and tree and label them.
In history we will be exploring amazing inventors and inventions. We will be looking back over all our inventors and considering the impact of their inventions. Finally we will answer our Big Question 'Which invention do you feel has had the most impact on human time?'
In geography we will be investigating Australia. We will talk about the continent and compare it to the UK. Finally we will answer our Big Question 'What would you see and do on a UK road trip?'
In design technology we will be designing, making and evaluating transport. We will create transport for an egg. We will understand how to make a solid structure, use appropriate joining materials and use our knowledge of wheels and axles to make our transport move. Will our egg stay safe?!!
In music we will be working with Mr. Joseph! He will be joining us in sessions to listen to a variety of music and sharing our thoughts about the music styles we like and dislike. We will learn to play instruments and visit the music hub in the Junior school!
In P.E we will be learning about competitive games. We will run and jump negotiating space at different speeds. We will roll, throw and catch a ball with good control and co-ordination. We will understand how to follow rules to play a competitive game and show good sportsmanship.
In computing we will be working with Miss. Hall! We will continue to use our new chrome books and learn how to create animations on an Ipad.
Forest School sessions will continue with Mr. Gordon - please see the enrichment timetable in the letters above for when your child's class will need to dress in their P.E uniform.
'Commando Joes' - we will be character explorers and understand RESPECT - Resilience, Empathy, Self awareness, Passion, Excellence, Communication and Teamwork. Our focus will be teamwork, empathy and resilience. We will learn how to embrace differences, to listen to different opinions and to select appropriate equipment to succeed in challenges.
Important dates for your diary:
Tuesday 7th and Wednesday 8th June - 4:30-6:00 Reception open evenings
Friday 10th June - Summer 2 homework to be sent out
Tuesday 14th June - 4:30-6:00 Nursery open evening
Tuesday 28th June - Sports day KS1 am, EYFS pm
Monday 4th July - Training Day (School closed to children)
Tuesday 5th July - Parent drop in to meet old teacher and discuss report where applicable
Thursday 7th July - Summer Fair 2:00-4:00 (option to collect children earlier time tbc)
Monday 11th July-Tuesday 19th July - children will be in new class with new teacher for transition
Thursday 21st July - Break up for Summer - children can be collected from 1:30.