Welcome to Blues
Blue 1 - Mr Gordon and Mrs Garratt
Blue 2 - Mrs Cartwright (Mon-Thurs), Miss Jackson (Fri) and Mrs Byng
Blue 3 - Miss Dangerfield and Miss Hewitt
Infromation from Parent Meeting in Autumn 1
- PE for Blue classes is on a Wednesday so please make sure your child has a PE kit in school and remove earrings on the morning before.
- Our reading folders should come to school every day. Home reading books are changed on:
- Blue 1-Tuesday
- Blue 2- Wednesday
- Blue 3 - Monday.
- Spellings are given out in groups and these are given on a Thursday/Friday, there will be a weekly spelling quiz every Thursday so please ensure your child has their spelling book in school.
- Homework activities are sent out at the start of each half term in a green homework book. The books will contain a list of suggested homework activities to complete over the half term. These will cover literacy, maths and topic areas.
- Children should be aiming to read as much as possible at home in a range of ways such as home readers, library books, bug club or sharing stories from your local library.
- Library books are changed on:
- Blue 1 - Tuesday
- Blue 2 - Wednesday
- Blue 3 - Thursday (we need to have our library books in our bags on this day).
This term we will be....
We will learn about Australia. We will use Atlases and computers to find out more about the geographical features and will learn about the culture, music and food too.
We are using historical sources to find out about Great and Ghastly Events, including the Titanic, The Queen's Coronation and the Moonlanding.
We will explore famous oil paintings and have a go at creating our own by mixing colours and trying new techniques.
This term we will focus on food. We will design and make recipes and packaging for healthy products. In History we will design a handbag for the queen to use at her coronation.
In Forest School we will be developing our creativity, using natural materials to make useful items and toys and cooking on the campfire.
In Commando Jo's we will develop our co-operation and resilience while role playing working for The Queen.
Take a look at the Gallery pages to see some pictures of what we have been up to...
This half term we are learning to add and subtract using a variety of methods, including the column method.
In English we have been exploring the story of Traction Man by Mini Grey and linking our writing to other superheros. Click on the link below to hear the story.
Throughout the year we will be looking at extreme weather around the world as part of our Geography learning.
We will learn about different types of weather and the impact it has on humans and nature. We will explore locations on the map and use a range of sources to find out more. You could use a weather app to talk to your child about this at home and to compare temperatures and climates around the world.